The following is what I would hand out to my 4th and 5th grade students on the last day of school. As many teachers believe, once in my class, every student gained a permanent spot in my heart. Learning the core subject matter is important, however, true teaching is about preparing each student for life. With that being said, below is my final message as students left my class- feel free to use in your classroom if you have the same beliefs……
As you begin to mature, always remember……(from Mr. Lowe)
- You can only control what YOU do.
- Respect is EARNED! not demanded.
- Adults are NOT your friend, so don’t treat them as such.
- You can’t quit on others, ONLY YOURSELF. **Remember, You are not allowed to quit!
- If your friends say you are annoying, listen to them. They are not lying, they are your friends.
- These are the toughest years in your life. They will also be very rewarding.
- Most don’t “grow-up” until they are 25 years old, so if they are picking on you, take it as a compliment, because they are jealous of you for something.
- In the end, it is YOU and your ATTITUDE.
- Yes, those whom you hang out with ARE a reflection of you. People will judge you by them.
- If you feel like your carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders and no one seems to care, call me. Even though you will deny it, there is ALWAYS someone who loves and supports you.
**Respect your parents. Yes, they are going to stop you from having fun. It is for your own good! You won’t understand until you have kids of your own, so just live with it. They love you. Count on that!
I am now letting you go with hopes and wishes for nothing but the best for you. If you are EVER in need, you know you can call me (732) ***-****.
Or email me just to update: FaceBook me when you graduate from HS, if it’s still around.
Thank you for giving me your best efforts, I appreciate it and I Love You!
Don’t forget to Follow, Like, and Share the message! Thanks!